Back to School Indianapolis, IN
Home Safety Tips For Parents with Children going Back To School
Home security and safety are especially important if children will be alone at home for any length of time. Walking home alone, entering an empty house, and staying safe at home can be a challenge. But with guidance, rules, and helpful products, parents can help children stay safe at home.
- Teach kids to lock the door and not open it for anyone: Children should know how to properly lock all doors. Teach them that they should never open the front door while they’re home alone, even for deliveries or mail.
- Show kids how to use the alarm system: Make sure children know how to properly use the alarm system, both arming and disarming it. You should also show them how to hit the panic button and what to do if there’s an emergency.
- Plan a safe route to school: Work with your child to plan a direct route to school. Avoid as many street crossings as possible as well as open fields, vacant lots, and desolate areas.
- Help children memorize important numbers: Teach kids their home address, their home number, your cell phone number, and the number of a neighbor who can help. You should also teach them how to use 911 in an emergency.
- Teach children about stranger danger: Make sure kids know not to talk to strangers on their way home from school, even if they seem friendly or helpful.
- Make an emergency plan for fire: Work on an emergency plan together and determine how your child will exit in case there’s a fire.
- Keep communication open: Ask your child to text or call when they get home each day. Encourage them to call you if there’s any problem at all so you can help.
- Have a plan for lost keys: Even responsible children can lose keys. Choose a destination for a spare key or leave one with a close neighbor or family member.
- Establish rules for safety at home: Determine whether children will be allowed to use the stove or oven when home alone, rules for visitors or leaving the house, even screen time. Set kids up for a safe afternoon at home by establishing your expectations.
Stay Safe and Have a Wonderful School Year from your local SERVPRO of Indianapolis South!
Storm Tips in Franklin, IN
Call on SERVPRO for your storm needs
Ways To Prevent Water Damage In Your Home
1. Clean and inspect gutters regularly.
2. Keep downspouts cleat of any blockages.
3. Repair or replace roofing as needed.
4. Be sure soffit vents are clean and unobstructed.
5. Check for any cracks or peeling paint.
These could indicate moisture retention.
6. Fill low spots around building foundation
with clean fill dirt.
7. Create a slope away from the structure to drain runoff properly.
8. Trim plants around building to avoid the growth of mold or mildew.
9. Make sure garden areas have adequate drainage.
10. Apply a waterproofing coating to the interior or exterior basement walls.
Heavy rains and strong winds can all cause problems with your property. Roofs, gutters, and landscapes are exterior elements that should be checked to guard against water damage. Remember to look in attics, basements or crawl spaces for visible signs of water intrusion. Make sure outside vents are clear of any obstruction to ensure proper airflow.
If you find a problem and need restoration help or want spring cleaning assistance, call your local SERVPRO of Indianapolis South professionals. We are on call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Odors From Water Damage Indianapolis, IN
Let SERVPRO put your thoughts to rest as we Remediate your property!
Unpleasant odors from water damage can last for weeks, even months after the initial incident.
There are many reasons why your home or business can be quickly affected by water. Some of these reasons include:
- Flooded basement
- Toilet overflow
- HVAC system
- Broken appliance
- Foundation crack
- Damaged roof
Many of these reasons are unexpected and can leave your home or business in a state of shock. SERVPRO of Indianapolis South is on standby ready to restore your home or business to "Like it never even happened."
Yes! Water damage does have a musty smell. Porous materials with excess moisture, such as wood, drywall, and carpeting are more likely to have mold growth after water damage. If you smell a musty, stale, or earthly like smell in your home or business give SERVPRO a call.
SERVPRO of Indianapolis South
Wet Crawlspace Greenwood, IN
Damp crawlspaces can lead to home safety and health concerns. These can include mold and mildew growth, standing water, rotted floor joists, and rotten or musty smells. A full inspection of your crawl space is the best way to determine if you have any moisture problems. Issues may not be visible from a quick peek inside your crawl space door.
If you find standing water on the floor of the crawlspace, it is important to identify whether the source of the water is groundwater or if it is coming from above. Usually, a leak in plumbing fixtures, drain pipes or water supply pipes running in the crawlspace below the floor of the house.
If you have any question or would like your crawl space inspected, please call us at 317-784-3008. SERVPRO of Indianapolis South
Pack-Out After A Fire in Indianapolis, IN
Choose SERVPRO of Indianapolis South
SERVPRO of Indianapolis South offers many services to Indianapolis, Indiana. One of the many services that we provide is a pack out after a fire.
What is a pack-out?
Our pack-out process involves photographing every content put into each box along with a label. We then take them back to our warehouse where they are cleaned and restored to their preloss condition. Contents are separated into two categories salvageable and unsalvageable.
After your items are restored and the repairs in your home are complete, SERVPRO will then perform a pack back. Note that items are not returned until the job is completed. This can take some patience.
A fire in your home can be a traumatic experience. Trust the professional team at SERVPRO of Indianapolis South will put your fears to rest. Call us today at 317-784-3008
Water Damage Restoration in Greenwood, Indiana
Who do you call for your water damage restoration needs?
SERVPRO of Indianapolis South is proud to service Greenwood, Indiana and surrounding areas. With that being said, if you or a loved one have any structural concerns pertaining to water let us be of service to you. Our trained employees will be glad to address any concerns pertaining to your home during these trying times. We are "faster to any size disaster."
B. Bentley left a review after water damage restoration "SERVPRO came to the rescue when we discovered we had a few tears in our roof. They were out quickly, the service team walked me through what they would do and how it would be taken care of. Great team, Great service!"
Call SERVPRO of Indianapolis South with any water damage restoration needs! 317-784-3008
SERVPRO CE Class
Come and Join US!!
SERVPRO of Indianapolis South will be hosting two FREE CE Classes on August 13, 2019
First Class Registration Time is at 8:30 AM Class begins at 9:00 AM
Second Class Registration Time is at 12:30 PM Class begins at 1:00 PM
Attendees are to be on time and stay the entire course to be eligible to receive credits! Lunch will be sponsored by Economy Heating-Air Conditioning-Pluming.
Get ready for some fun! This class will be hosted at the Mooresville Public Library.
220 West Harrison Street
Mooresville, IN 46158
If you would like to attend please call SERVPRO of Indianapolis South at 317-784-3008 to register! Class size is limited!
Working to make it "Like it never even happened."
Water Loss in Greenwood, IN
Keep Calm and Call SERVPRO!
In any scenario where there is a significant amount of water flowing one might panic. What is the water mitigation process and how might one go about cleaning it up? Make your local SERVPRO of Indianapolis South aware of your concerns and we have the answers for you!
SERVPRO of Indianapolis South is known for fast, friendly, and reliable service. You can count on us! "Faster to any size disaster." No loss is too big or too small. No judgment, no questions asked. Our customers call on SERVPRO for water mitigation and we are there. Our goal is to get you back to a normal life without worry or hassle!
Call your local SERVPRO of Indianapolis South at 317-784-3008 today! "Like it never even happened."
Storm Readiness in Indianapolis South
During the spring and summer months, thunderstorms that produce lightning, thunder, heavy rain, flooding, strong winds, tornadoes, and hail can occur. These storms are extremely dangerous and can appear suddenly with little warning and may only last a few minutes but have the strength and power to cause a great amount of damage.
Before A Thunderstorm
- Check weather forecasts daily, purchase an all-hazard weather radio and have multiple ways to receive weather alerts.
- Plan outdoor events near a secure shelter where people can go in the event of a storm.
- Keep trees trimmed to prevent limbs from falling onto buildings, cars or people.
- If hail or strong winds are expected, park vehicles under a shelter to avoid damage.
- Make sure preparedness kits are portable for easy transport if evacuation is necessary. Preparedness kits should be tailored to household needs.
- Bring pets indoors before a storm moves into the area. Sheds, dog houses, and garages do not provide ample protection from lightning, hail, high winds, and tornadoes.
Your local SERVPRO of Indianapolis South is alert and ready for storm damage concerns. Call us today at 317-784-3008
Flash Flooding in Indianapolis, Indiana
Storm damage can have you feeling daunted by the size of the task, and not knowing where to begin. Call your local SERVPRO of Indianapolis South.
Flash Floods can happen with no warning. The two key elements to a flash flood are rainfall intensity and duration. Certain home improvements can help reduce damage. Valuables and documents can be stored in a safe place on the upstairs level of your home. Clean gutters of any debris to help prevent flooding under houses and in the basement. Basement sump pumps are to be tested frequently throughout the year to ensure that they are working properly.
SERVPRO of Indianapolis South is here and ready to help with your storm-related questions! Restore your property to "Like it never even happened." Call us at 317-784-3008.