Important Steps Pertaining To Your Water Loss Greenwood, Indiana
Don't put yourself or your home in a bad position by waiting after a water damage in your home.
Water damage can impact even the most valuable possessions inside your home. It can wreak havoc and damage furniture, appliances, plumbing equipment, and electronics. Over time, water damage can lead to the growth of mold inside your home.
The worst thing to do when facing water damage is to “save the cleanup for later”. Some people wait a while when first spotting signs of water damage to see if it will naturally go away. Even if the water evaporates on its own, the source of the damage still exists and will likely result in future problems.
SERVPRO of Indianapolis South specializes in water remediation and mold cleanup. Call us to schedule your inspection today!
Surving The Storm In Franklin, Indiana
Your Franklin home is your most valuable asset so don’t get caught in the rain. Take steps now to secure your property before storms dampen your mood.
Storms can happen in the blink of an eye with little to no warning. The aftermath of not being prepared can be stressful and costly. Taking the time to address a few key areas of concern can make a huge difference between staying high and dry or up to your knees in water. One of the best things you can do to get prepared is to pretend there is a storm coming right now and take action.
- Purchase supplies you may need should you lose power or water supply for a period of time; batteries, a backup generator, bottled water, canned foods and gas just to name a few. Purchasing these items ahead of time, you can avoid can save you time standing in line for hours and risking supplies running out.
- Make sure that you have the proper insurance plan in place. Check on your policy so that you are familiar with what is and what is not covered and to make sure that everything is current.
- Do what you can to secure your property. Seal up any cracks or gaps around windows and doors and check your roof for any broken or loose shingles. Installing items such as window shutters, garage door braces, and roof clips can all help to protect your Avo home as well. These resources can be costly but they can save you money in the long run!
- Take care of the trees surrounding your home. Make sure to keep trees pruned and healthy. Remove any dead branches and trim back any limbs that could become a danger to your house. Overhanging limbs can scrape the roof and damage shingles or can bust through windows. Properly maintaining your landscaping is an easy and necessary task in being proactive against storm damage. So, keep your yard picked up and clear of debris.
- Also, secure patio furniture and pick up any items such as sporting equipment or lawn items and put them in an appropriate storage space.
Storms are truly unpredictable and sometimes damage is unavoidable. Taking proactive measures can help but also be sure to have the contact information for your local SERVPRO of Indianapolis South professional services handy should you need help with the aftermath!
Call SERVPRO of Indianapolis South
Virtual Continuing Education Classes - Greenwood, IN
SERVPRO of Indianapolis South will be hosting TWO FREE Continuing Education Courses.
Join us for a FREE day of virtual learning! Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic and travel restrictions we had a cancellation of our previously scheduled courses. We are now able to connect and meet the needs of our agents by hosting an online virtual event.
In order to participate in these courses you must have access to a camera and a microphone. A state ID will also be a requirement. Registration will open an hour before the class starts to allow us to confirm your identity.
Continuing Education is required for agents to stay current with the latest developments, skills, and new technologies required for their fields. Knowledge is really a valuable way to get promotions, advance your career, and improve your job performance.
"Like it never even happened."
Call SERVPRO of Indianapolis South at 317-784-3008
Fire Restoration & Cleanup - Indianapolis, Indiana
At SERVPRO of Indianapolis South our goal is to make it "Like it never even happened."
Fire Cleanup & Restoration
What would you do if...
- You receive a call from a client today with a fire loss?
- You have a fire loss on one of your properties?
- You have a fire at your own personal property?
Fire claims spike during the months of November through February.
On average, fires causes over $12.4 billion in property damage annually.
Top 5 Causes of Fire loss:
Electrical distribution & lighting equipment
After the fire is out...
Mitigate, clean, & restore FIRST! Then repair and rebuild.
SERVPRO of Indianapolis South can handle it all -One Stop Shop.
By the way...
WE DO BOARD-UP!
Many times, the home or building must be secured immediately BEFORE anything else.
Call SERVPRO of Indianapolis South at 317-784-3008.
Standing Water in Your Building - Franklin, Indiana
Call Us Today!!
Water Intrusion Remediation
Water intrusion to your commercial building can cause frustration and hinder your day-to-day operations. Uncontrolled water intrusion into a building can originate from numerous sources.
Most common sources include:
- roof leaks
- pipe breaks
- sewer line back-ups
- flooding from outside the building
- moisture intrusion
Water intrusion either during or after construction can cause significant damage to your commercial property. Here at SERVPRO of Indianapolis South we are "Faster to any size disaster." Our remediation teams are available 24/7 for any of your storm damage or water intrusion needs.
Call SERVPRO of Indianapolis South to schedule and coordinate remediation in the case of water intrusion to your building. We are HERE TO HELP!
"Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO Is Ready To Help in Southport, IN
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your Morgan & Putnam Counties basements could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call Today - 317-784-3008
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Indianapolis South and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Basement Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help 317-784-3008
The Aftermath Of A Storm Power Outage in Whiteland, Indiana
After A Storm Damage Power Outage
- If electrical power lines are down, don’t touch them. Keep your family and pets away. Report downed lines to your utility company.
Throw Out Unsafe Food
- Throw away any food (particularly meat, poultry, fish, eggs and leftovers) that has been exposed to temperatures higher than 40° F (4° C) for 2 hours or more, or that has an unusual odor, color or texture. When in doubt, throw it out!
- Never taste food or rely on appearance or odor to determine its safety. Some foods may look and smell fine, but if they have been at room temperature too long, bacteria causing food-borne illnesses can start growing quickly. Some types of bacteria produce toxins that cannot be destroyed by cooking.
- If you are not sure food is cold enough, take its temperature with a food thermometer.
- If food in the freezer is colder than 40° F and has ice crystals on it, you can refreeze it.
SERVPRO of Indianapolis South can answer any questions pertaining to Storm Damage. Call us today @ 317-784-3008
Commercial Fire Damage in Indianapolis, IN
Air Purification After Fire Damage
Smoke smells and smoke damage are present in the air after a fire, which will require removal purifying. A restoration company will employ a variety of techniques to clean and sanitize the air so that the property can be usable once again. Fire damage restoration cannot be complete without a complete purification of the air.
A fire in a business can extensively damage drywall or paint, which will need to be restored last once all other damage is handled. Once the smoke smell is completely removed, fire cleanup will be completed with aesthetic touches. Complete fire damage restoration will leave the property completely usable. Commercial fire damage is reversed to the point where business can resume as usual, "Like it never even happened."
The stability provided by a restoration company after a fire in a home or a fire in a business is incomparable to that of an individual handling the situation by him- or herself. Fire cleanup is a complicated task that requires specialized equipment and multiple technicians depending on the extent of the fire damage. It is almost impossible to reverse commercial fire damage without help. Whether it is just to board up the property or to remove all the water from firefighting, SERVPRO takes on a lot of the burden, providing stability to a shaken individual.
Call us at
SERVPRO of Indianapolis South 317-784-3008
Rain Rain Go Away! Is Your Home or Business Prepared in Greenwood, Indiana?
Preparing Your Residence for Spring/Summer Showers and Water Damage
Rain, rain, go away. We all know the months are coming when we will start to think of these words to that childhood song. Rain is necessary to nourish flowers and trees, and that’s great! But sometimes all that water can cause damage to your home or business.
Is your residence ready? Let’s talk about ways to prepare.
- Take a look at rain gutters. Clogged gutters will cause rainwater to backup, damaging your roof and walls.
- Do a roof inspection. Are any shingles loose or damaged? Replace any that could be an issue to protect attic or work space from water damage.
- Check interior walls and ceilings for signs of water damage; this could be an indication of roof leaks.
- Trim any trees and bushes next to your residence. Be sure to cut back branches that could become waterlogged and break off, damaging property.
- Ensure that all doors and windows are secure, and that weather-stripping is in good condition.
- Look for water collecting around the foundation of your Centerton residence, and take steps to redirect it, if needed, to avoid water damage.
- If your home is located near flooding areas, stockpiling sandbags to protect your property and parking areas would be a good idea.
- Any erosion on your property will need to be handled before the rains come so that your home won’t suffer from mudslides.
- Make sure the city drains near your residence are clear of debris and earth.
Preparedness in the event of any kind of extreme weather is always a good idea, to protect your home and property from loss and damage. Taking the time to assess your situation and thinking ahead about what may come is a good way to keep your investment secure.
Call our team at SERVPRO of Indianapolis anytime, whether you need assistance with water damage, fire damage or mold prevention. We will mitigate and reconstruct the property "Like it never even happened."
Is Your Franklin Office in Need of the Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned Program?
Keep your office fresh and clean with deodorization!
Cleaning is an important part of owning a business. Customers expect and employees expect for a company to ensure the building they shop and work in is clean and odor-free. However, many businesses only schedule cleaning the floors or trash removal on a regular basis. If you want your business to always look and smell its best, it's important that you plan deeper cleaning. SERVPRO of Indianapolis utilizes state-of-the-art deodorization techniques that guarantee a cleaner office.
Deodorization is a deep cleaning process that can eliminate odors in a building. This is a process that doesn't just get rid of the surface grime but makes sure that your building is clean in a way that typical processes can't match.
If you need deodorization services in Franklin, you need to call SERVPRO of Indianapolis South. Our employees receive certification in the best cleaning and deodorizing techniques in the industry. Our equipment is designed to get your business clean. This makes for a more professional clean as well as a longer-lasting process.
Of course, SERVPRO brings with it more than just the right equipment for the job. When SERVPRO comes in, you'll know the job will get done correctly the first time, every time. This isn't just a cleaning company - SERVPRO cares about the work that it does.
If you want bad smells removed from your property, make sure that you always work with the professionals to complete major tasks such as this, as using the wrong chemicals or the wrong techniques might end up making your problem worse. SERVPRO is here to make sure the job is done correctly.
Call SERVPRO of Indaianpolis South at 317-784-3008