Plainfield Mold Remediation that Provides Professional Results
SERVPRO understands mold and provides and instructs Plainfield area individuals in mold prevention and remediation.
SERVPRO Training Mitigates Home Mold Damage
Home mold damage requires three conditions to thrive:
- Elevated moisture levels.
- Porous materials to feed upon.
- Adequate temperatures for generating new spores and clusters.
General cleaning tasks can keep microbes at bay for a long time. Still, accidents can occur that allow spores to grow in places Plainfield homeowners do not expect or typically examine. When they notice the proliferation, professional mold remediation is often needed to protect and restore the property.
Home mold cleanup by Plainfield SERVPRO technicians restores affected property and addresses the structural damage that enables mold growth. Commercial grade personal protective equipment (PPE) and restoration equipment are used per restoration industry best practices for remediation, containment, furniture and carpet cleaning, and structural repairs.
What are "Normal" Mold Spore Levels in a Room?
Because total mold removal is not possible, homeowners should stay in the know about what spore levels are considered normal for a property. This "normal" rate might differ depending on the outdoor spore population around the home, so it is best to have a professional evaluate spore density. The concentration of outdoor spores can vary between 50 and 50,000 in air sample tests depending on climate, plant growth, and precipitation levels. An arid desert climate will have lower mold damage levels than Midwestern farmland and forests.
- The average room typically has 200-500 spores living in it at any given time
- One room can have up to 1500 spores inside and still be considered safe to swell in so long as there are no factors present, like water damage, that would allow them to spread
- Slightly elevated mold levels might be a concern between 1,500 and 3,000 spores, but a dusty home or HVAC system could achieve these levels easily
- Some maintenance tasks should commence for homes with spore levels above 3,000 to 10,000 spores in a room, though general tidying up and HVAC cleaning can achieve this in many cases
- Professional mold remediation is a must at over 25,000 spores in a room. Microbes should be easily identifiable by sight or smell. This proves especially true in areas with 75,000 or more spores
Mold proliferation in a home is typically driven by excess moisture. To reduce indoor air humidity, leaks, and spills must be addressed. We have the training and the devices to ensure the RH within the living space is at a standard level.
SERVPRO Training Resources for Mold Mitigation Technicians and Staff
Because mold damage is typically a secondary result of another disaster like fire or water damage, SERVPRO technicians are trained in the following disciplines along with their Initial Crew Training:
- Understanding IICRC standards for restoration industry technicians
- Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
- Fire Restoration
- Water Restoration
Technicians who wish to broaden their education, specialize in specific restoration disciplines, or stay updated on industry guidelines can learn more with self-paced e-learning modules. These online learning opportunities include support materials, video presentations, and knowledge tests at the end of each unit.
New SERVPRO franchise owners are also trained in these industries and Mold Mitigation during an intensive 15-day course at the SERVPRO Corporate Training Facility. This comprehensive educational experience includes practical cleanup experience in the Corporate Training House, which is designed to weather many disaster scenarios.
Continuing education classes offer credit and noncredit opportunities for industry-adjacent professionals, like insurance claims adjusters and real estate agents, to broaden their knowledge base regarding disasters. Available courses with credit offerings include separate units on water and fire damage restoration, Understanding Mold in the Restoration Industry, Restorative Drying for Loss Control. A noncredit Mitigation Awareness Response Seminar is also available for professionals to attend.
SERVPRO of Hendricks County restoration professionals can remediate mold damage "Like it never even happened." Call (317) 838-0100.
Water Damage Removal with SERVPRO Extraction and Drying Tools
Helping Plainfield Homeowners Reduce Water Damage Risk
According to the EPA, even a small pipe or faucet leak that ekes out a drop of water per second can use up 3,000 gallons--or 180 showers' worth--after a year. That can prove quite costly for Plainfield homeowners because this moisture can cause structural complications and mold growth well before that happens. Mold growth after even mild water damage can occur in as little as 24 to 48 hours.
When Plainfield property owners need water remediation, SERVPRO's fast-acting 24-hour service is prepared to begin the process. Regardless of the scale of the disaster, these highly-trained technicians are equipped to remediate damage, remove irreparable materials, and remediate bacterial growth that can impact a home's comfort and sanitation.
Evaluating Effective Water Damage Practices for Homeowners
After water damage occurs, homeowners can:
- Keep damaged parts after repairs are made for the insurance company to evaluate when determining compensation
- When it is safe, shut off breakers to prevent potential electrical issues and remove electrical devices that are on the floor or low to the ground, including items like phone chargers or surge protectors
- Place foil under furniture legs or other wood items treated with stains. This precaution can prevent finishes from transferring to carpet and permanently staining it
It is advisable to avoid:
- Attempting to dry water damage with inked paper because the ink can transfer to impacted surfaces
- Activate heating or air conditioning without the express approval of a licensed restoration professional/ Operating these systems can potentially spread microbes and contaminants in moisture. Homeowners should also avoid adjusting the thermostat, as changes in temperature impact restoration efforts significantly
- Using electrical equipment like wet/dry vacuums to remove moisture can damage the item in use and create a shock risk for the operator
SERVPRO Water Remediation Tools and Processes for Residences
SERVPRO technicians' equipment, inspection methods, and restoration strategies are tailored to thorough water removal and returning moisture levels to normal as efficiently as possible. This firm's restoration strategies can reduce repair costs by only performing the demolition needed to implement water cleanup.
- SERVPRO techs may deploy polyethylene sheeting to cover surfaces and create drying chambers. This process can reduce the time and stress placed on air movers and dehumidifiers during the drying process
- EPA-registered antimicrobials can be manually applied or sprayed on surfaces depending on the extent of contamination potential. Carpet and upholstery requiring spot treatments can be injected with solutions
- Technicians can prevent wet spots on upholstery by wetting the entire fabric. However, overall treatment depends on the composition of the fibers in question. SERVPRO keeps documentation on hand related to a wide array of upholstery fabrics so that crew members can administer the correct type of care
- Drywall, tiles, or carpeting may only require partial removal for drying wall cavities or subfloors. Many materials can be reinstalled. However, if delamination is present, materials like laminate flooring and delaminated carpet are more cost-effective to replace
- Hot water extraction tools can be used on carpeting, upholstery, and drapes to quickly dry furnishings, rugs, and carpets while also sanitizing the treated material. Hot water and OSHA-approved cleaning solutions can both be applied during extraction while the vacuum component of a given extraction unit collects wastewater for disposal
SERVPRO can also implement repairs for demolition tasks undertaken during water restoration, including replacing flooring, baseboards, and drywall.
We're Faster To Any Size Disaster when homeowners need it most. SERVPRO of Hendricks County is reachable 24/7 at (317) 838-0100.
Helping Plainfield Homeowners with Their Fire Damage Claims
SERVPRO helps stressed Plainfield homeowners with their fire damage insurance claims. We can help.
24/7 SERVPRO Fire Mitigation Can Restore Homes
A small fire can cost Plainfield homeowners an average of $3,500 to $5,000. More extensive repairs, like kitchen cabinet replacement or rebuilding rooms, can skyrocket costs to $50,000 or more. These repairs can balloon further without adequate fire damage restoration and repair from trained professionals. Solutions could become especially costly if the damage were not addressed within the first 48 hours after fire suppression.
SERVPRO fire damage remediation specialists help Plainfield homeowners save time and money by adhering to restoration industry best practices, focusing on repair over replacement. While some materials may be more cost-effective to replace, SERVPRO techs can respond quickly and minimize downtime to make a property clean and livable.
Speaking with Insurance Agents About Home Fire Damage Claims
It can be overwhelming to contact an insurer after a sudden disaster occurs. However, it is a necessary step for returning to a clean, comfortable home with repairs covered by a home insurance policy.
Consider contacting the insurance company about the following after fire damage occurs:
- First and foremost: report the incident as soon as possible. This step should be a property owner's first contact with their agent. The faster this contact is made, the more quickly a claim can be successfully filed and paid out
- After a fire, residents needing temporary housing should contact the insurer about what is covered under their policy and where to go. However, this is not guaranteed. Some policy terms may only cover food or other partial reimbursement costs
- Homeowners may be curious whether selling the home would be more efficient. If damages are minor, it is advisable to keep the house and make repairs. In cases like structure fires in homes that were already in some state of disrepair before the disaster, selling may be a good idea for homes whose insurance does not cover all the repair costs needed for the property
Homeowners are not limited to using the fire restoration companies that insurers recommend. They also do not have to wait until an adjuster has examined the property to call a trusted firm of their choosing. SERVPRO inventory logging practices can assist significantly with claims filing while also providing documentation for mitigation and repairs.
How SERVPRO Addresses Different Fire and Smoke Damage Soils
Fire restoration technicians at SERVPRO can deploy multiple solutions for soot and smoke damage soils, which often feature numerous types of soils.
- Pungent protein residues from kitchen fires are removable with commercial-grade enzyme digesters, which can convert these greasy materials into water-soluble residues free of malodors
- Dry clumps and layers of soot can often be manually dislodged and gently treated with dry cleaning solutions like Crumbly Cleaner, which
- Meanwhile, wet soot deposits typically require wet cleaning with specialized, EPA-registered solutions for successful removal without smearing. These sticky residues often come from burnt rubbers, plastics, and other petroleum products. Moderate to heavy soot may require alkaline cleaners rather than mild detergents
- Charring on materials like salvageable wood can be remediated with gentle yet effective abrasion cleaning. Blast media like soda ash also has deodorizing properties
SERVPRO can also implement moisture remediation for fire suppression, odor control with thermal foggers, and containment measures for collecting soot with HEPA filter vacuums. HVAC cleaning and duct sealing prevent smoke damage particles from spreading in the home during restoration.
Homeowners can contact the SERVPRO of Hendricks County crew at (317) 838-0100 for "Like it never even happened" restoration services.
When To Act on Indianapolis Mold Damage Threats
Indianapolis property owners rely on SERVPRO for efficient mold remediation and build back, "Like it never even happened."
We Offer Effective Mold Damage Removal for Homes
Mold is not one of the disasters or events to your residence that are as widely accepted as ruinous and destructive as fires, flooding, and water damage. Mold is a more invasive and widespread threat to a property, especially when it goes undetected for days or weeks. Homes contending with mold growth battle:
- Structural damage
- Continual spread of spores
- Moisture concerns
- Strong malodors
Indianapolis mold damage events threaten the structure, so homeowners should prioritize quick action. Our professionals have extensive experience in mold removal and accreditation from the IICRC and NORMI as remediation specialists. We are ready to mobilize when you need mitigation and mold removal with pre-stocked Green Fleet service vehicles.
Causes of Mold Damage to Homes
Homeowners do not always recognize the number of potential pathways mold organisms has to grow and thrive in your home's interior environment. Moisture is among the chief needs of spores to develop colonies, which can happen in several ways:
- Unresolved water damage
How Do You Identify Mold Damage?
Finding active colonies in your home is not always a challenge, though organisms can appear prevalently in unseen areas of the house. Wall cavities contending with a leak, for instance, may take a while for the mold colonies to surface in the living space visibly. Without physical spotting to indicate mold colonization, homeowners can rely on signs like persistent dampness in an area, musty odors, and structural deterioration to determine where an inspection could be helpful.
Surface Treatment for New Colonies
Surface cleaning is the least invasive of the cleaning and restoration approaches when mold removal is necessary. Damage to hosting materials can be prevented when colonies get discovered early and inhibiting products, antimicrobial solutions, and sporicidal cleaners are used in the structure. With the inhibiting properties, surface treatment is also effective in limiting the spread of active spores to new house areas.
Abrasive Cleaning Approaches for Mold
When surface treatments are not preferable or deemed inefficient, more aggressive and abrasive cleaning options get chosen. Blasting is often one of the preferred avenues in this more direct remediation solution. This remediation method puts media like corn cobs, sodium bicarbonate, or other abrasives under pressurized air to destroy active colonies on the surface of hosting materials and just beneath the outermost layer.
Will Odors Dissipate Naturally?
Odors are a typical product of active colonization, making it one of the effects that our responding technicians must address. Malodors are often one of the final hurdles in the remediation process, but they are substantial in the household. Counteractant products like slow-release gels and surface cleaning can reduce the strength of these musty smells. But ULV ultra-light volume fogging, hydroxyl generators, HEPA-filtered air scrubbers, and other deodorization tools finalize the approach.
Who Completes Mold Damage Repairs?
With hundreds of thousands of homes in Marion County alone, scheduling multiple companies to complete remediation and subsequent repairs could stretch a project out longer than necessary. Our General Contractor License #: GL2000109 is one of the advantages of looking to SERVPRO to help after mold and microbial growth. Our experience in this area lets us complete the needed build-back services, repairs, and even controlled demolition necessary to navigate mold remediation effectively.
Indianapolis mold damage incidents are more frequent than most realize. Moisture in areas like the basement or attic can quickly develop into intrusive and damaging colonies that require professional remediation to resolve.
Our experienced SERVPRO of Indianapolis South AMRT-Certified technicians are ready to help when you discover mold in your home. Call now at (317) 784-3008.
Understanding the Conditions of Indianapolis Water Damage Events
Turn to the SERVPRO professionals for water damage mitigation for your Indianapolis property. Our training and experience make a difference.
We Help with Water Damage Mitigation and Cleanup
Water emergencies make up the bulk of the service calls our SERVPRO professionals undertake. In a city of nearly 900,000, these calls are frequent and unpredictable. Each situation is unique, so we must keep skilled technicians available to mobilize when disasters strike. Our prompt arrival ensures that mitigation and emergency services begin as soon as possible.
Because Indianapolis water damage can happen in many ways, the condition and needs of the structure are likely to change considerably from one home to the next. We dispatch experienced professionals to address these concerns, having our roster accredited through the IICRC in several fields relevant to water recovery and cleanup. These can include:
Expected Types of Water Damage
Disasters happen every day in Indy, so we must stay ahead of how water impacts homes and businesses and what to do in response to these occurrences. From the initial exposure to building materials to water getting pulled into porous elements, our understanding of the scope of the work can have corrective measures started immediately.
- Standing Water – This is the pooling of water on the floors of a home before absorption or migration through porous material begins.
- Absorbed Moisture – The stage where porous building materials have begun to become penetrated by standing water or moisture exposure. Water is still able to be removed at this stage with special equipment.
- Trapped Water – Bound water describes the bonding of water to the molecular structure of building materials. This chemical process causes warping, bloating, and deterioration.
Usual Causes for Water Damage Events
Knowing how water emergencies can impact a home can help you recognize a situation that will get out of hand for DIY cleanup. Adverse conditions after water exposure lead to mold development and structural deterioration when not promptly addressed. Some common causes of this type of damage in a home or business include:
- Fixture or Plumbing Leaks
- Damaged Appliances
- Human Error
- Flood Damages
Effective Water Mitigation
Our team's earliest action is vital in protecting the property and its contents from unnecessary harm. Mitigation starts with emergency services like content relocation and controlled demolition. Having a team qualified for restoration and repairs makes earlier mitigation solutions faster and more seamless.
Among the most necessary mitigative steps is the removal of standing water. Pooling is a hazard to your home, and prolonged exposure can lead to these affected elements becoming unsalvageable. Our SERVPRO team utilizes a combination of pumps and vacuums to manage surface water and limit absorption into the exposed flooring, baseboards, and wall assemblies.
Thorough Drying Approaches for Homes
Drying is the centerpiece of water damage restoration and recovery services. We can do more to protect contents and furniture because we have multiple methods of manipulating drying principles like temperature, airflow, and humidity to remove moisture and damp pockets from the house efficiently. The drying process is intricate and involves dozens of tools for even a small work area. The complete removal of water combines several methods:
- Surface Drying
- Air Infusion
- Capillary Suction
When you notice water damage in your Indianapolis home, there is a limited window of restoration time before irreparable harm results. Because we have our SERVPRO of Indianapolis South team ready to respond quickly to these emergencies as they happen, we have qualified technicians to protect what matters most. Give us a call now at (317) 784-3008. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Cleaning Up Indianapolis Fire Damage with Swift Action
Trust SERVPRO for Indianapolis fire damage cleanup, restoration, and reconstruction all by us "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO Efficiently Restores Fire Damage
Cleaning up after a fire loss incident requires a combination of dozens of processes, cutting-edge tools and products, and experienced professionals. The choice of SERVPRO for this post-disaster cleanup and recovery puts all the necessary skill sets and licensed professionals on one team arriving simultaneously to help. From immediate repairs and controlled demolition to mitigative solutions to make the environment safer, we are a full-service restoration solution to help.
Fire Mitigation Starts Quickly
After the Indianapolis fire damage events, we push to care for the most considerable structural needs. Mitigation can involve several objectives:
- Air Quality - We clear smoke solids and airborne contaminants with HEPA filtration equipment.
- Structural Integrity - We assess structural stability and remove damaged materials as needed. A structural engineer may be required for inspection.
- Necessary Repairs - We restore utilities and perform tarping and board-up services.
- Content Management - We relocate at-risk contents and then clean/restore them.
- Debris - We clean up heaped debris and buildup in the house that amplifies soot particles and smoke odors.
Soot Fire Damage Cleanup Products
Soot gets created by partial combustion, and many materials impacted by a fire in your home do not completely burn. Thick and formidable residues and soil deposits require different cleaning and restoration approaches. Smoke damage types can impact the chosen products and techniques for eliminating smoke solids. Some of the preferred methods include:
- Detergents – These cleaners are used to emulsify soils from the surface. Much like oil separates from water, emulsification causes soot particles to repel from the underlying substrate.
- Solvents – Solvents use similar substances to break down and remove soil deposits by dissolving them.
- Media Blasting – This technique is more aggressive by using pressurized air or dry ice pellets but effective when SERVPRO technicians attempt to preserve the material underneath the soot.
- Alkaline Cleaners – Acidic deposits are common after a fire, and alkaline surface cleaning neutralizes the corrosiveness of these smoke solids, primarily targeted for metal and glass belongings and assemblies.
Removing Malodors after Fire Damage
Post-fire odors are one of the more significant challenges that professionals face during cleanup and recovery. Combustion involves many material types, some of which create offensive odors that overwhelm areas of your house. The objective of our restoration professionals is to neutralize these malodors completely, which begins by reducing their strength with counteractant products and fogging machines. Removing harsh smells involves air scrubbing, hydroxyl machines, and even ozone production if the house occupants are relocated.
Large Loss Fire Recovery Services
There are thousands of businesses throughout Marion County, so as much as we are there for the residential fire cleanup, we also have suitable equipment and training to manage Large Loss events. Our effectiveness in this approach hinges on our trailered equipment like desiccant dehumidifiers and generators, and our advanced training in the latest techniques and strategies to make it "Like it never even happened" for area businesses.
Are Fire Damage Repairs Necessary?
There are many situations where repairs and build-back services will be needed after disasters. Even minor kitchen flare-ups can leave areas like wall systems, cabinets, and countertops permanently damaged and requiring replacement. With General Contractor License #: GL2000109 and years of experience, we can transition to these build-back services as necessary during post-fire recovery. This includes the initially controlled demolition and board-up services our SERVPRO team conducts during the vital mitigation efforts after first responders clear the property for entry.
Indianapolis fire damage can happen in many ways and impact properties in varying levels of severity. As a trusted insurance vendor for the city's close to 900,000 residents, Marion County depends on SERVPRO of Indianapolis South to help. Our 24/7 availability ensures that the Green Fleet is mobile and rolling out to help as soon as we can safely enter a fire-damaged structure. Call us anytime at (317) 784-3008.
Cleaning Up Flood Damage in Indianapolis Requires Swift Action
Removing excess water from the crawl spaces in your home is critical for maintaining your foundation’s integrity. Contact SERVPRO right away.
Clearing Flood Damage in Indianapolis Crawl spaces
Many Indianapolis homes have a crawlspace, and when flooding occurs around the city’s residential areas, these open areas under a house can be adversely affected. Our SERVPRO team can respond fast for flood recovery, protecting your home in many ways.
Pooling Standing Water Threats
SERVPRO professionals addressing flood damage in Indianapolis homes first prioritize the removal of standing water. Clearing surface water is the first step in flood recovery, even in crawl spaces. With the confined space of this limited area under the house, the full scope of available extractors is not available. We can utilize options like:
- Wet vacuums
- High-pressure pumps
- Truck-mount extractors
Wet Materials and Saturation
Many porous materials can absorb moisture and threaten their structural integrity. Many crawl spaces have exposed structural supports, and the subfloor and joists of the main floor of the house are visible inside. Standing water can impact these materials, even less porous materials like concrete masonry units, to compromise their strength and stability.
Why Moisture Threatens Your Home
Moisture can be one of the main threats when flooding occurs in a crawlspace. Constant humidity and dampness are ideal environments for mold growth and microbial colonization. Fungus and mildew can be hazardous to your building materials, especially supports for the property in this crawlspace under the house. Dehumidification equipment is needed to regulate environmental moisture and prevent conditions that facilitate mold growth.
The Benefit of Encapsulation Services
One of the steps that can protect against future flood and water damage concerns is encapsulation. Crawlspaces can have standing water damage for days on end as water is often slow to recede after disasters. Encapsulating the space wards off direct water penetration and redirects any flooding away from the house with permanently installed sump pumps. Surfaces are protected against mold development and covered with thick polypropylene sheeting.
Understanding how to manage flood damage in your home is important in returning a crawlspace to preloss condition after storms. Give our SERVPRO of Indianapolis South team a call to help with mitigation and restoration services at (317) 784-3008.
Challenges during Water Damage Restoration in Indianapolis
Indianapolis water damage was discovered using SERVPRO's thermal imaging devices. Then we fix the problem "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO Is Equipped to Manage Indianapolis Water Damage
Every building is an intricate structure. Above the ceiling, beneath the floorboards, and Inside the walls are all the inner workings of a house. Since we do not see the pipes, ventilation system, and other aspects that make a home function, water damage can start from any nook and cranny. Regular inspections allow such issues in your Indianapolis property to be easily detected.
Water damage restoration in Indianapolis requires the right equipment. This does not necessarily mean purchasing the equipment and keeping it on hand, but knowing who to call for help. SERVPRO responds rapidly to any water loss emergencies. We have the capacity for workforce and tools, particularly equipment that may be needed at the site for long periods, like dehumidifiers and air movers.
We concentrate on
- Safe drying to prevent warping and swelling of floors, and walls
- Deodorizing to control odors from excessive moisture
- Disinfecting to stop the growth of microorganisms
Moisture accumulation dangers and repairs
The biggest concern with water intrusion is mold growth. Mold starts to grow if moisture is not removed completely. It is vital to get an idea of the extent of damage to be able to take the first effective steps against mold growth. For this, SERVPRO technicians use detection devices like moisture meters and hygrometers to collect and appropriately map the moisture values in your home. We use infrared and digital imaging to determine the damage extent without demolishing the floors and walls. Also, we can use high-speed air movers to create airflow across walls, furniture, carpets, and pads, evaporating moisture.
Other drying equipment
- Positive or negative air pressure systems
- Drying chambers
- Drying mats
SERVPRO of Indianapolis South quickly arrives on-site to offer efficient water damage restoration and help relieve stress. Call us at (317) 784-3008. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Water Restoration in Indianapolis Commercial Buildings
SERVPRO offers advanced equipment to extract water from commercial buildings in Indianapolis. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Minimizing the Impact of Water Damage in Indianapolis
Modern plumbing technologies may have reduced the chances for leaks to develop in Indianapolis commercial premises. However, plumbing connections still have the potential to spring a leak, and unless moisture begins to pool beside a fixture or the floor near it becomes spongy, you may not know this is happening.
The cost of water restoration in an Indianapolis commercial premises could be the least of your problem if the loss is so severe it forces tenants to vacate or lose revenue. Quickly acting is crucial since you want to tackle the damage fast and take preventative measures to ensure intrusions do not happen again. The process is complicated since it involves extensive inspections and drying to address all moisture pockets in the affected areas.
Restoration in commercial premises is usually complex due to
- The size of the building
- Required equipment
- The extent of damage
- The number of people
Moisture removal and drying process
If you are dealing with standing water, this may destroy electronics, furniture, business records, and even metal countertops if left for too long. SERVPRO helps restore your premises to normal mitigating further damage and loss of equipment. We use a submersible pump or portable pumps for commercial buildings to remove water accumulations in various structures around the premises. These pumps are highly efficient and make drying entire sections easier.
What influences the choice of extractor
- Depth of standing water
- Pooling patterns
- Whether it is slurry or clear water
We also use refrigerant and desiccant dehumidifiers to remove moisture from the air and the affected materials. This process helps lower the humidity level, which is beneficial in many ways, including reducing microbial growth. Desiccant dehumidifiers use chemical agents to absorb moisture from the environment naturally. Refrigerant dehumidifiers, on the other hand, cool the air to reduce its ability to retain water.
SERVPRO of Indianapolis South emergency water restoration team is available 24/7, ready to respond quickly when you call. You can reach us at (317) 784-3008. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
What to Expect From Mold Remediation in Greenwood Homes
Mold remediation in Greenwood homes and basements professionally mitigated? Call SERVPRO.
SERVPRO Helps Greenwood Homes Perform Safe Mold Cleanup
Water intrusion events are a common cause of mold growth, especially if mitigation is not enforced immediately. Some of these problems are not as easy to detect. For example, a leaking pipe inside the walls of your Greenwood home may go unnoticed for a long time. You may never see the usual signs of damage if the water collects behind tiled walls.
If you sniff something musty, you need mold remediation in your Greenwood home since odors are a good sign of a mold source nearby. Some species, however, do not give off odors. More subtle hints may pop up, such as yellow, brown, or orange discoloration of walls. Depending on the organic substance that has been affected, colors may vary. SERVPRO professionals help homeowners determine if they have mold growing in their homes and offer guidance on the best approaches.
Mold on drywall leads to
- Rotting baseboards
- Contents cross-contamination
- Damage within wall cavities
When walls have visible signs of mold, the colonies may have already spread to the furniture adjacent to that wall. Moving it out of the room before cleaning may lead to cross-contamination.
How to perform safe remediation
To check for infestation inside drywall, SERVPRO cuts a small section and uses a bore scope to inspect cavities visually. Based on our observation, we make containments to protect occupants. Our technicians install containment around the doors, in the AC vents, and 6-mil polyethylene on the windows. We then set up the air purification device to trap any particulate residue from the air while the work goes on. We always have our team wear PPEs.
Other effective measures
- Wire brushing semi-porous materials like wood
- Damp wiping surfaces with antimicrobial detergent
- Dry off the wall cavities and other enclosed spaces
SERVPRO of Indianapolis South guarantees professional mold remediation services. We conduct the process according to industry standards with a team of IICRC- certified and well-trained technicians and proper equipment. Call us at (317) 784-3008. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster