The Importance of a Fire Escape Plan In Your Indianapolis Business
Every workplace needs a fire escape plan. This plan should be posted throughout a building and shared with all occupants. Be sure to train new employees and perform regular drills to ensure that the emergency escape plan will prove useful in the event of a fire.
Plan Evacuation Routes
Do you have an accurate, updated floor plan available? It is vital that you do in order to make sure that you have the most up to date information to plan your evacuation from. You also will want to:
- Identify primary and secondary routes
- Ensure that routes are reasonable for occupants
- Obtain equipment such as an escape ladder
Secondary routes may be less than ideal, but they should still be practical. Keep the age and physical condition of occupants in mind. Post the emergency escape plan at strategic locations.
Test Fire Detection and Suppression Equipment
Many commercial properties are equipped with advanced detection and suppression systems. A fire escape plan should include regular tests to ensure the functionality of detectors and sprinklers. Hardwired alarm systems should have battery backups, and it is important to replace batteries that function as a main or backup power source. Make sure that fire extinguishers are of the appropriate class and filled with suppressant.
Keep Track of Occupants
Every business should maintain a current contact list. This list should include these details:
- Contact information
Keep this list in a location where it can be accessed remotely or physically removed in the event of a fire. Every business should have a safe location where employees can gather outside. This place should be far enough away from the structure without being downwind.
A proper office evacuation plan really should list out the employees responsible for attempting to evacuate critical contents as well. The more specific, the better! It is for this reason that it is vital to update your evacuation plan on a regular basis to correspond to any personnel changes that have happened in your company.
If a fire damages a building, you need to call a mitigation and restoration company to resume business as soon as possible.
So if disaster strikes your business, give us a call! We are faster to any disaster and are here to help get you back to "Like it never even happened."
Ask The Experts: Why does my business need an emergency plan?
If the answer to this question is NO, SERVPRO of Indidnapolis South would gladly help you get this plan of action in place absolutely FREE of charge.
- Free assessment of your facility.
- Contains the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
- Establishes SERVPRO of Indianapolis as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider.
- Identifies the line of command for authorizing work to begin.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information.
- Can add your facility's current contingency plans to you SERVPRO Ready Profile.
SERVPRO Emergency Ready Program is a Proud National Sponsor of American Red Cross Ready Rating.
Call SERVPRO of Indianapolis South to get started today. 317-784-3008
Important Steps Pertaining To Your Water Loss Greenwood, Indiana
Don't put yourself or your home in a bad position by waiting after a water damage in your home.
Water damage can impact even the most valuable possessions inside your home. It can wreak havoc and damage furniture, appliances, plumbing equipment, and electronics. Over time, water damage can lead to the growth of mold inside your home.
The worst thing to do when facing water damage is to “save the cleanup for later”. Some people wait a while when first spotting signs of water damage to see if it will naturally go away. Even if the water evaporates on its own, the source of the damage still exists and will likely result in future problems.
SERVPRO of Indianapolis South specializes in water remediation and mold cleanup. Call us to schedule your inspection today!
Surving The Storm In Franklin, Indiana
Your Franklin home is your most valuable asset so don’t get caught in the rain. Take steps now to secure your property before storms dampen your mood.
Storms can happen in the blink of an eye with little to no warning. The aftermath of not being prepared can be stressful and costly. Taking the time to address a few key areas of concern can make a huge difference between staying high and dry or up to your knees in water. One of the best things you can do to get prepared is to pretend there is a storm coming right now and take action.
- Purchase supplies you may need should you lose power or water supply for a period of time; batteries, a backup generator, bottled water, canned foods and gas just to name a few. Purchasing these items ahead of time, you can avoid can save you time standing in line for hours and risking supplies running out.
- Make sure that you have the proper insurance plan in place. Check on your policy so that you are familiar with what is and what is not covered and to make sure that everything is current.
- Do what you can to secure your property. Seal up any cracks or gaps around windows and doors and check your roof for any broken or loose shingles. Installing items such as window shutters, garage door braces, and roof clips can all help to protect your Avo home as well. These resources can be costly but they can save you money in the long run!
- Take care of the trees surrounding your home. Make sure to keep trees pruned and healthy. Remove any dead branches and trim back any limbs that could become a danger to your house. Overhanging limbs can scrape the roof and damage shingles or can bust through windows. Properly maintaining your landscaping is an easy and necessary task in being proactive against storm damage. So, keep your yard picked up and clear of debris.
- Also, secure patio furniture and pick up any items such as sporting equipment or lawn items and put them in an appropriate storage space.
Storms are truly unpredictable and sometimes damage is unavoidable. Taking proactive measures can help but also be sure to have the contact information for your local SERVPRO of Indianapolis South professional services handy should you need help with the aftermath!
Call SERVPRO of Indianapolis South
Virtual Continuing Education Classes - Greenwood, IN
SERVPRO of Indianapolis South will be hosting TWO FREE Continuing Education Courses.
Join us for a FREE day of virtual learning! Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic and travel restrictions we had a cancellation of our previously scheduled courses. We are now able to connect and meet the needs of our agents by hosting an online virtual event.
In order to participate in these courses you must have access to a camera and a microphone. A state ID will also be a requirement. Registration will open an hour before the class starts to allow us to confirm your identity.
Continuing Education is required for agents to stay current with the latest developments, skills, and new technologies required for their fields. Knowledge is really a valuable way to get promotions, advance your career, and improve your job performance.
"Like it never even happened."
Call SERVPRO of Indianapolis South at 317-784-3008
Fire Restoration & Cleanup - Indianapolis, Indiana
At SERVPRO of Indianapolis South our goal is to make it "Like it never even happened."
Fire Cleanup & Restoration
What would you do if...
- You receive a call from a client today with a fire loss?
- You have a fire loss on one of your properties?
- You have a fire at your own personal property?
Fire claims spike during the months of November through February.
On average, fires causes over $12.4 billion in property damage annually.
Top 5 Causes of Fire loss:
Electrical distribution & lighting equipment
After the fire is out...
Mitigate, clean, & restore FIRST! Then repair and rebuild.
SERVPRO of Indianapolis South can handle it all -One Stop Shop.
By the way...
WE DO BOARD-UP!
Many times, the home or building must be secured immediately BEFORE anything else.
Call SERVPRO of Indianapolis South at 317-784-3008.
Standing Water in Your Building - Franklin, Indiana
Call Us Today!!
Water Intrusion Remediation
Water intrusion to your commercial building can cause frustration and hinder your day-to-day operations. Uncontrolled water intrusion into a building can originate from numerous sources.
Most common sources include:
- roof leaks
- pipe breaks
- sewer line back-ups
- flooding from outside the building
- moisture intrusion
Water intrusion either during or after construction can cause significant damage to your commercial property. Here at SERVPRO of Indianapolis South we are "Faster to any size disaster." Our remediation teams are available 24/7 for any of your storm damage or water intrusion needs.
Call SERVPRO of Indianapolis South to schedule and coordinate remediation in the case of water intrusion to your building. We are HERE TO HELP!
"Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO Is Ready To Help in Southport, IN
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your Morgan & Putnam Counties basements could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call Today - 317-784-3008
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Indianapolis South and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Basement Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help 317-784-3008
The Aftermath Of A Storm Power Outage in Whiteland, Indiana
After A Storm Damage Power Outage
- If electrical power lines are down, don’t touch them. Keep your family and pets away. Report downed lines to your utility company.
Throw Out Unsafe Food
- Throw away any food (particularly meat, poultry, fish, eggs and leftovers) that has been exposed to temperatures higher than 40° F (4° C) for 2 hours or more, or that has an unusual odor, color or texture. When in doubt, throw it out!
- Never taste food or rely on appearance or odor to determine its safety. Some foods may look and smell fine, but if they have been at room temperature too long, bacteria causing food-borne illnesses can start growing quickly. Some types of bacteria produce toxins that cannot be destroyed by cooking.
- If you are not sure food is cold enough, take its temperature with a food thermometer.
- If food in the freezer is colder than 40° F and has ice crystals on it, you can refreeze it.
SERVPRO of Indianapolis South can answer any questions pertaining to Storm Damage. Call us today @ 317-784-3008
Commercial Fire Damage in Indianapolis, IN
Air Purification After Fire Damage
Smoke smells and smoke damage are present in the air after a fire, which will require removal purifying. A restoration company will employ a variety of techniques to clean and sanitize the air so that the property can be usable once again. Fire damage restoration cannot be complete without a complete purification of the air.
A fire in a business can extensively damage drywall or paint, which will need to be restored last once all other damage is handled. Once the smoke smell is completely removed, fire cleanup will be completed with aesthetic touches. Complete fire damage restoration will leave the property completely usable. Commercial fire damage is reversed to the point where business can resume as usual, "Like it never even happened."
The stability provided by a restoration company after a fire in a home or a fire in a business is incomparable to that of an individual handling the situation by him- or herself. Fire cleanup is a complicated task that requires specialized equipment and multiple technicians depending on the extent of the fire damage. It is almost impossible to reverse commercial fire damage without help. Whether it is just to board up the property or to remove all the water from firefighting, SERVPRO takes on a lot of the burden, providing stability to a shaken individual.
Call us at
SERVPRO of Indianapolis South 317-784-3008