Understanding the Conditions of Indianapolis Water Damage Events
Turn to the SERVPRO professionals for water damage mitigation for your Indianapolis property. Our training and experience make a difference.
We Help with Water Damage Mitigation and Cleanup
Water emergencies make up the bulk of the service calls our SERVPRO professionals undertake. In a city of nearly 900,000, these calls are frequent and unpredictable. Each situation is unique, so we must keep skilled technicians available to mobilize when disasters strike. Our prompt arrival ensures that mitigation and emergency services begin as soon as possible.
Because Indianapolis water damage can happen in many ways, the condition and needs of the structure are likely to change considerably from one home to the next. We dispatch experienced professionals to address these concerns, having our roster accredited through the IICRC in several fields relevant to water recovery and cleanup. These can include:
Expected Types of Water Damage
Disasters happen every day in Indy, so we must stay ahead of how water impacts homes and businesses and what to do in response to these occurrences. From the initial exposure to building materials to water getting pulled into porous elements, our understanding of the scope of the work can have corrective measures started immediately.
- Standing Water – This is the pooling of water on the floors of a home before absorption or migration through porous material begins.
- Absorbed Moisture – The stage where porous building materials have begun to become penetrated by standing water or moisture exposure. Water is still able to be removed at this stage with special equipment.
- Trapped Water – Bound water describes the bonding of water to the molecular structure of building materials. This chemical process causes warping, bloating, and deterioration.
Usual Causes for Water Damage Events
Knowing how water emergencies can impact a home can help you recognize a situation that will get out of hand for DIY cleanup. Adverse conditions after water exposure lead to mold development and structural deterioration when not promptly addressed. Some common causes of this type of damage in a home or business include:
- Fixture or Plumbing Leaks
- Damaged Appliances
- Human Error
- Flood Damages
Effective Water Mitigation
Our team's earliest action is vital in protecting the property and its contents from unnecessary harm. Mitigation starts with emergency services like content relocation and controlled demolition. Having a team qualified for restoration and repairs makes earlier mitigation solutions faster and more seamless.
Among the most necessary mitigative steps is the removal of standing water. Pooling is a hazard to your home, and prolonged exposure can lead to these affected elements becoming unsalvageable. Our SERVPRO team utilizes a combination of pumps and vacuums to manage surface water and limit absorption into the exposed flooring, baseboards, and wall assemblies.
Thorough Drying Approaches for Homes
Drying is the centerpiece of water damage restoration and recovery services. We can do more to protect contents and furniture because we have multiple methods of manipulating drying principles like temperature, airflow, and humidity to remove moisture and damp pockets from the house efficiently. The drying process is intricate and involves dozens of tools for even a small work area. The complete removal of water combines several methods:
- Surface Drying
- Air Infusion
- Capillary Suction
When you notice water damage in your Indianapolis home, there is a limited window of restoration time before irreparable harm results. Because we have our SERVPRO of Indianapolis South team ready to respond quickly to these emergencies as they happen, we have qualified technicians to protect what matters most. Give us a call now at (317) 784-3008. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Cleaning Up Indianapolis Fire Damage with Swift Action
Trust SERVPRO for Indianapolis fire damage cleanup, restoration, and reconstruction all by us "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO Efficiently Restores Fire Damage
Cleaning up after a fire loss incident requires a combination of dozens of processes, cutting-edge tools and products, and experienced professionals. The choice of SERVPRO for this post-disaster cleanup and recovery puts all the necessary skill sets and licensed professionals on one team arriving simultaneously to help. From immediate repairs and controlled demolition to mitigative solutions to make the environment safer, we are a full-service restoration solution to help.
Fire Mitigation Starts Quickly
After the Indianapolis fire damage events, we push to care for the most considerable structural needs. Mitigation can involve several objectives:
- Air Quality - We clear smoke solids and airborne contaminants with HEPA filtration equipment.
- Structural Integrity - We assess structural stability and remove damaged materials as needed. A structural engineer may be required for inspection.
- Necessary Repairs - We restore utilities and perform tarping and board-up services.
- Content Management - We relocate at-risk contents and then clean/restore them.
- Debris - We clean up heaped debris and buildup in the house that amplifies soot particles and smoke odors.
Soot Fire Damage Cleanup Products
Soot gets created by partial combustion, and many materials impacted by a fire in your home do not completely burn. Thick and formidable residues and soil deposits require different cleaning and restoration approaches. Smoke damage types can impact the chosen products and techniques for eliminating smoke solids. Some of the preferred methods include:
- Detergents – These cleaners are used to emulsify soils from the surface. Much like oil separates from water, emulsification causes soot particles to repel from the underlying substrate.
- Solvents – Solvents use similar substances to break down and remove soil deposits by dissolving them.
- Media Blasting – This technique is more aggressive by using pressurized air or dry ice pellets but effective when SERVPRO technicians attempt to preserve the material underneath the soot.
- Alkaline Cleaners – Acidic deposits are common after a fire, and alkaline surface cleaning neutralizes the corrosiveness of these smoke solids, primarily targeted for metal and glass belongings and assemblies.
Removing Malodors after Fire Damage
Post-fire odors are one of the more significant challenges that professionals face during cleanup and recovery. Combustion involves many material types, some of which create offensive odors that overwhelm areas of your house. The objective of our restoration professionals is to neutralize these malodors completely, which begins by reducing their strength with counteractant products and fogging machines. Removing harsh smells involves air scrubbing, hydroxyl machines, and even ozone production if the house occupants are relocated.
Large Loss Fire Recovery Services
There are thousands of businesses throughout Marion County, so as much as we are there for the residential fire cleanup, we also have suitable equipment and training to manage Large Loss events. Our effectiveness in this approach hinges on our trailered equipment like desiccant dehumidifiers and generators, and our advanced training in the latest techniques and strategies to make it "Like it never even happened" for area businesses.
Are Fire Damage Repairs Necessary?
There are many situations where repairs and build-back services will be needed after disasters. Even minor kitchen flare-ups can leave areas like wall systems, cabinets, and countertops permanently damaged and requiring replacement. With General Contractor License #: GL2000109 and years of experience, we can transition to these build-back services as necessary during post-fire recovery. This includes the initially controlled demolition and board-up services our SERVPRO team conducts during the vital mitigation efforts after first responders clear the property for entry.
Indianapolis fire damage can happen in many ways and impact properties in varying levels of severity. As a trusted insurance vendor for the city's close to 900,000 residents, Marion County depends on SERVPRO of Indianapolis South to help. Our 24/7 availability ensures that the Green Fleet is mobile and rolling out to help as soon as we can safely enter a fire-damaged structure. Call us anytime at (317) 784-3008.
When To Act on Indianapolis Mold Damage Threats
Indianapolis property owners rely on SERVPRO for efficient mold remediation and build back, "Like it never even happened."
We Offer Effective Mold Damage Removal for Homes
Mold is not one of the disasters or events to your residence that are as widely accepted as ruinous and destructive as fires, flooding, and water damage. Mold is a more invasive and widespread threat to a property, especially when it goes undetected for days or weeks. Homes contending with mold growth battle:
- Structural damage
- Continual spread of spores
- Moisture concerns
- Strong malodors
Indianapolis mold damage events threaten the structure, so homeowners should prioritize quick action. Our professionals have extensive experience in mold removal and accreditation from the IICRC and NORMI as remediation specialists. We are ready to mobilize when you need mitigation and mold removal with pre-stocked Green Fleet service vehicles.
Causes of Mold Damage to Homes
Homeowners do not always recognize the number of potential pathways mold organisms has to grow and thrive in your home's interior environment. Moisture is among the chief needs of spores to develop colonies, which can happen in several ways:
- Unresolved water damage
How Do You Identify Mold Damage?
Finding active colonies in your home is not always a challenge, though organisms can appear prevalently in unseen areas of the house. Wall cavities contending with a leak, for instance, may take a while for the mold colonies to surface in the living space visibly. Without physical spotting to indicate mold colonization, homeowners can rely on signs like persistent dampness in an area, musty odors, and structural deterioration to determine where an inspection could be helpful.
Surface Treatment for New Colonies
Surface cleaning is the least invasive of the cleaning and restoration approaches when mold removal is necessary. Damage to hosting materials can be prevented when colonies get discovered early and inhibiting products, antimicrobial solutions, and sporicidal cleaners are used in the structure. With the inhibiting properties, surface treatment is also effective in limiting the spread of active spores to new house areas.
Abrasive Cleaning Approaches for Mold
When surface treatments are not preferable or deemed inefficient, more aggressive and abrasive cleaning options get chosen. Blasting is often one of the preferred avenues in this more direct remediation solution. This remediation method puts media like corn cobs, sodium bicarbonate, or other abrasives under pressurized air to destroy active colonies on the surface of hosting materials and just beneath the outermost layer.
Will Odors Dissipate Naturally?
Odors are a typical product of active colonization, making it one of the effects that our responding technicians must address. Malodors are often one of the final hurdles in the remediation process, but they are substantial in the household. Counteractant products like slow-release gels and surface cleaning can reduce the strength of these musty smells. But ULV ultra-light volume fogging, hydroxyl generators, HEPA-filtered air scrubbers, and other deodorization tools finalize the approach.
Who Completes Mold Damage Repairs?
With hundreds of thousands of homes in Marion County alone, scheduling multiple companies to complete remediation and subsequent repairs could stretch a project out longer than necessary. Our General Contractor License #: GL2000109 is one of the advantages of looking to SERVPRO to help after mold and microbial growth. Our experience in this area lets us complete the needed build-back services, repairs, and even controlled demolition necessary to navigate mold remediation effectively.
Indianapolis mold damage incidents are more frequent than most realize. Moisture in areas like the basement or attic can quickly develop into intrusive and damaging colonies that require professional remediation to resolve.
Our experienced SERVPRO of Indianapolis South AMRT-Certified technicians are ready to help when you discover mold in your home. Call now at (317) 784-3008.
Call Water Damage Restoration Professionals for Your Indianapolis Business
SERVPRO provides water removal from a small shop to large high-rise structures in Indianapolis--We're Faster To Any Size Disaster
Indianapolis Water Damage Cleanup with SERVPRO Gets Results
Dealing with water damage is not easy, especially when navigating cleanup within your Indianapolis commercial property. You need to respond quickly, whether burst pipes, an appliance or machinery malfunction or a storm flood. It is then essential to take possible hazards in mind to ensure customer and employee safety. SERVPRO is there for residential and commercial customers, offering scalability to handle everything from a multi-floor flood in a high rise due to sprinkler malfunction or hidden water damage in a restaurant kitchen. All you have to do is reach out to us 24/7, and we can be there to get started on commercial water removal services right away.
Why enlist SERVPRO for commercial water damage in Indianapolis? There are many reasons, starting with our name being a trusted leader in the restoration industry. We feature proven methods and rapid response times so that your business does not miss a beat. Some of the things you can trust when you call us to your business to handle water restoration include:
- Quick response times – We are available 24/7 because we know that emergencies never wait. Once you contact our SERVPRO customer care center, we will arrive at your business within four hours or less to start inspection and remediation.
- Save you time and money – Water incidents in any office space, retail shop, or production facility can hurt your bottom line. We restore versus replace, implementing the best drying and moisture detection processes to cut your downtime and overall recovery cost.
- Specialized equipment – We cannot stress enough that DIY with a shop vac or a mop and bucket will rarely cut it with water damage issues. It would help if you had proper drying and dehumidification in tandem with water removal services to get results. Some of our equipment includes desiccant dehumidifiers, drying mats, Injectidry technology, air scrubbers, powerful pumps, and more.
Contact SERVPRO of Indianapolis South whenever you require water damage assistance at your commercial property. Call us at (317) 784-3008 to mobilize a team to your door.
Fire Damage Cannot Wait – Call Skilled Technicians in Greenwood
Trust SERVPRO for a rapid response to mitigate your fire damaged Greenwood home. We even help streamlining your insurance claim.
SERVPRO’s Greenwood Team Can Handle All Levels of Fire Damage Restoration
House fire cleanup in Greenwood can be significant, bringing hidden dangers and various levels of damage. With all of the fires that break out across the country every year, it is better to stay prepared, so you know what to do should you have an incident at your home. SERVPRO is there whenever you need us, 24 hours a day. We are locally owned and want all area residents to know that we act fast and handle all aspects of your project with skilled fire and smoke restoration technicians (FSRT) so you can bring your home back to normal “Like it never even happened.”
When you need help with fire damage in Greenwood, all you have to do is call our care center. We will gather information from you and mobilize our Green Fleet to your door quickly so we can start fire damage mitigation and cleanup.
These are some of the steps customers can expect when SERVPRO gets called to address fire-damaged homes:
- We begin by assessing the extent of your fire damage. Our crew chief looks at penetration levels, soot and smoke coverage, and all signs of heat damage to fixtures and furniture.
- We document everything so that you have all paperwork available for your insurance claim.
- Pack-out/move-out services are available to relocate items for safe storage or further cleaning off-site.
- Board up and tarping help us secure your property where doors and windows are missing or holes in roofing or walls from the blaze.
- Water removal services, drying, and moisture detection help us to locate all areas where water is present from first responders putting out the fire.
- Removal of all charred debris and contents, replacing all unsalvageable materials and structural elements with brand-new materials using our General Contractor License #: GL2000109.
Fire damage is no problem when you have IICRC-certified technicians on your side. Reach out to SERVPRO of Indianapolis South by calling (317) 784-3008, and we can get started as soon as possible!
Expert Water Damage Mitigation and Restoration in Indianapolis
SERVPRO restores water damage in Indianapolis homes. Our General Contractor License #: GL2000109 offers full service from removal to build back.
Call SERVPRO in Indianapolis for Prompt, Effective Water Damage Cleanup
Water emergencies within your Indianapolis home are nothing to brush off. Whether you have burst pipes, storm flooding, or another emergency, even an inch of standing water can create thousands of dollars in damage. This is not a time for DIY, as you need professionals to handle water damage mitigation, drying, and restoration that gets results. SERVPRO will make your interior “Like it never even happened.” All you have to do is contact us any time, day or night, and we can mobilize a team to come to your property to begin water removal services.
SERVPRO’s water restoration technicians (WRT) take all the guesswork out of your water damage in Indianapolis. We perform a complete water incident assessment to determine the right amount of equipment and manpower necessary to generate the best possible results.
Water removal services and moisture eradication
Water gets everywhere with a spill or leaking pipes. Even when you think it is dry, moisture could lurk in saturated wood, plaster, and drywall. This is a problem as moisture breeds mold and enhances the chances of secondary damage. SERVPRO technicians have IICRC certification and training to facilitate water removal followed by drying and moisture detection.
How can you prevent further water damage?
Initial water damage is usually apparent, but our mitigation efforts go a step further. We work to prevent any unseen issues involving:
- Removing damaged contents and furnishings
- Taking our damaged flooring, wooden structural elements, and drywall
- Deep cleaning all salvageable contents and materials
- Ensure the structural integrity of your home or business
We understand what materials can get saved and what calls for replacement. We work to restore whenever possible, saving you time and money on your water damage project. Everything gets finished with controlled demolition measures to bring your property back to pre-water loss condition, “Like it never even happened.”
Call us at SERVPRO of Indianapolis South whenever you require skilled technicians for water damage cleanup. You can request help online or give our customer care team a call at (317) 784-3008.
Keep Your Office Fresh And Clean With Deodorization
Cleaning is an important part of owning a business. Customers expect and employees expect for a company to ensure the building they shop and work in is clean and odor-free. However, many businesses only schedule cleaning the floors or trash removal on a regular basis. If you want your business to always look and smell its best, it's important that you plan deeper cleaning. SERVPRO of Indianapolis utilizes state-of-the-art deodorization techniques that guarantee a cleaner office.
Deodorization is a deep cleaning process that can eliminate odors in a building. This is a process that doesn't just get rid of the surface grime but makes sure that your building is clean in a way that typical processes can't match.
If you need deodorization services in Franklin, you need to call SERVPRO of Indianapolis South. Our employees receive certification in the best cleaning and deodorizing techniques in the industry. Our equipment is designed to get your business clean. This makes for a more professional clean as well as a longer-lasting process.
Of course, SERVPRO brings with it more than just the right equipment for the job. When SERVPRO comes in, you'll know the job will get done correctly the first time, every time. This isn't just a cleaning company - SERVPRO cares about the work that it does.
If you want bad smells removed from your property, make sure that you always work with the professionals to complete major tasks such as this, as using the wrong chemicals or the wrong techniques might end up making your problem worse. SERVPRO is here to make sure the job is done correctly.
Call SERVPRO of Indianpolis South at 317-784-3008
Is It Time To Replace Your Hot Water Heater?
Hot water is sometimes a luxury (bubble baths and long showers) and sometimes a necessity (laundry and clean dishes). So, when a water heater fails or ruptures, it can leave you in the cold as well as causing thousands of dollars in water damage to your home or business. In the event your property is flooded or damaged, it is imperative that you seek a reliable and well-respected flood and water restoration company to remediate the damage.
Here are some signs you might need a new electric or gas water heater:
- Rust around the base of the water heater. A common sign that your water heater is leaking is rust around the base, on the floor or near the drainage tap. This means the base is compromised. Even if there isn’t any visible pooled water, there could be a very slow leak that is causing the rust and if so, it won’t be long before the bottom of the unit totally fails and you get a flood of hot water.
- Unusual noises. Hot water heaters and tanks that make knocking noises, creaks, whines or bangs should be examined and assessed by a plumber as quickly as possible. These annoying and often loud noises could be a sign that the heating element is struggling to keep up with the demand. If you live in an area with hard water, it is possible that there is heavy sediment at the bottom of the tank keeping the water heater from performing optimally. If so, a thorough flushing of the system should correct the problem. However, if left untreated, it is possible for the heating element to fail or burn out.
- Fluctuating temperatures. Of course, if you are experiencing water that is too hot or not hot enough, your water heater may need to be repaired or replaced. Broken heating elements or gas thermocouples are often to blame when the water doesn’t get hot, and those can be replaced without replacing the entire unit. However, if you are already having work done to your water heater, have the tank itself checked for cracks, fissures or other signs of weakness. These could cause a tank failure, resulting in a flood in your home or business. The cost to replace your water heater now could end up being cheaper in the long run.
- Tankless water heaters can also cause water damage. Tankless water heaters are becoming more popular, but don’t think that just because there’s not a tank of water connected that you can’t experience massive water damage. Check the couplings and the hoses at least once a year to ensure everything is still working properly. If you are going out of town, you might consider turning it off all together, as the emergency couplings can sometimes fail. And as with a regular electric or gas water heater, look for signs of leaking such as rust, dampness and changes in water temperature.
SERVPRO of Indianapolis South regularly sees properties each year affected by failed water heaters. Often kept in the attic or garage, when units fail and cause a flood, it’s usually personal items, family heirlooms and photos that are damaged. Fortunately, our highly trained professional technicians have the experience and tools necessary to clean up the water damage properly and bring your home and personal belongings back to pre-flood condition.
For emergencies and other situations, call 317-784-3008 anytime to reach your area flood damage experts, SERVPRO of Indianapolis South. We help residential and commercial property owners when natural disasters, water damage, sewer backups, floods, mold infestations, fires and other events happen.
Let SERVPRO of Indianapolis South make it never even happened”.
CALL us at SERVPRO of Indianapolis South 317-784-3008
SERVPRO of Indianapolis South Provides 24-Hour Fire & Water Damage Restoration Service
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Indianapolis South provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Indianapolis South arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – SERVPRO of Indianapolis South 317-784-3008
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Indianapolis South
SERVPRO of Indianapolis South specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Smoke and Soot Damage Can Cause a Pervasive Odor in Your Southport Home
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Indianapolis South will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises, therefore, smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 317-784-3008