The Aftermath Of A Storm Power Outage in Whiteland, Indiana
After A Storm Damage Power Outage
- If electrical power lines are down, don’t touch them. Keep your family and pets away. Report downed lines to your utility company.
Throw Out Unsafe Food
- Throw away any food (particularly meat, poultry, fish, eggs and leftovers) that has been exposed to temperatures higher than 40° F (4° C) for 2 hours or more, or that has an unusual odor, color or texture. When in doubt, throw it out!
- Never taste food or rely on appearance or odor to determine its safety. Some foods may look and smell fine, but if they have been at room temperature too long, bacteria causing food-borne illnesses can start growing quickly. Some types of bacteria produce toxins that cannot be destroyed by cooking.
- If you are not sure food is cold enough, take its temperature with a food thermometer.
- If food in the freezer is colder than 40° F and has ice crystals on it, you can refreeze it.
SERVPRO of Indianapolis South can answer any questions pertaining to Storm Damage. Call us today @ 317-784-3008