Rain Rain Go Away! Is Your Home or Business Prepared in Greenwood, Indiana?
Preparing Your Residence for Spring/Summer Showers and Water Damage
Rain, rain, go away. We all know the months are coming when we will start to think of these words to that childhood song. Rain is necessary to nourish flowers and trees, and that’s great! But sometimes all that water can cause damage to your home or business.
Is your residence ready? Let’s talk about ways to prepare.
- Take a look at rain gutters. Clogged gutters will cause rainwater to backup, damaging your roof and walls.
- Do a roof inspection. Are any shingles loose or damaged? Replace any that could be an issue to protect attic or work space from water damage.
- Check interior walls and ceilings for signs of water damage; this could be an indication of roof leaks.
- Trim any trees and bushes next to your residence. Be sure to cut back branches that could become waterlogged and break off, damaging property.
- Ensure that all doors and windows are secure, and that weather-stripping is in good condition.
- Look for water collecting around the foundation of your Centerton residence, and take steps to redirect it, if needed, to avoid water damage.
- If your home is located near flooding areas, stockpiling sandbags to protect your property and parking areas would be a good idea.
- Any erosion on your property will need to be handled before the rains come so that your home won’t suffer from mudslides.
- Make sure the city drains near your residence are clear of debris and earth.
Preparedness in the event of any kind of extreme weather is always a good idea, to protect your home and property from loss and damage. Taking the time to assess your situation and thinking ahead about what may come is a good way to keep your investment secure.
Call our team at SERVPRO of Indianapolis anytime, whether you need assistance with water damage, fire damage or mold prevention. We will mitigate and reconstruct the property "Like it never even happened."