Surving The Storm In Franklin, Indiana
Your Franklin home is your most valuable asset so don’t get caught in the rain. Take steps now to secure your property before storms dampen your mood.
Storms can happen in the blink of an eye with little to no warning. The aftermath of not being prepared can be stressful and costly. Taking the time to address a few key areas of concern can make a huge difference between staying high and dry or up to your knees in water. One of the best things you can do to get prepared is to pretend there is a storm coming right now and take action.
- Purchase supplies you may need should you lose power or water supply for a period of time; batteries, a backup generator, bottled water, canned foods and gas just to name a few. Purchasing these items ahead of time, you can avoid can save you time standing in line for hours and risking supplies running out.
- Make sure that you have the proper insurance plan in place. Check on your policy so that you are familiar with what is and what is not covered and to make sure that everything is current.
- Do what you can to secure your property. Seal up any cracks or gaps around windows and doors and check your roof for any broken or loose shingles. Installing items such as window shutters, garage door braces, and roof clips can all help to protect your Avo home as well. These resources can be costly but they can save you money in the long run!
- Take care of the trees surrounding your home. Make sure to keep trees pruned and healthy. Remove any dead branches and trim back any limbs that could become a danger to your house. Overhanging limbs can scrape the roof and damage shingles or can bust through windows. Properly maintaining your landscaping is an easy and necessary task in being proactive against storm damage. So, keep your yard picked up and clear of debris.
- Also, secure patio furniture and pick up any items such as sporting equipment or lawn items and put them in an appropriate storage space.
Storms are truly unpredictable and sometimes damage is unavoidable. Taking proactive measures can help but also be sure to have the contact information for your local SERVPRO of Indianapolis South professional services handy should you need help with the aftermath!
Call SERVPRO of Indianapolis South