SERVPRO Safety Tips - How To Enjoy Your Backyard Fire Pit Safety
SERVPRO of Indianapolis South would like to provide our communities with fire pit safety tip as the holiday and summer nights are approaching. On a cool summer night. Its always a good time sitting around the fire pit with family and friends.
Backyard fires infuse outdoor gatherings with joy and even romance. With that being said it can also be an unpredictable destructive force.
Basics of backyard fire safety
- Check the wind conditions for your local weather
- Build the fire in the open away from trees and structures
- Use only recommended fire starters not gasoline
- Keep children, pets, and chairs away from the fire pit
- Wear tight fitted clothing
- Do not leave the fire unattended
- Keep a fire extinguisher close by
- Make sure the fire is completely extinguished before leaving
Other suggestions would be to install a screen around the fire pit. Keep water and a shovel nearby. If having alcoholic beverages drink responsibly.
SERVPRO of Indianapolis South