Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Let us be the Calm in your chaos! If you have a need for emergency services due to your property flooding or a water damage, we have the expertise, experience, and equipment to restore your property and make it "Like it never even happened".
There are many causes to water loss; maybe you just returned home from that much-needed vacation to find your home damaged from a burst pipe, possibly it was your toddler that left a sink running and it overflowed, or simply the rain just wouldn't stop. We can help ease your loss by providing highly trained technicians who will document your drying process, validating the property has been dried properly and thoroughly.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (317) 784-3008
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.